BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Just a quick note to catch up.

Well below this post I stuck 2 pictures of my van. Why I don't know. Other than that is mostly what this post is about. 2 weeks ago today my van pretty much died on me. I had gotten the milk and ice cream order for work in Pioche, an town 15 miles north of here. I was heading out to work, another 13 miles to the northeast. I had gotten about 6 miles down that road and my check engine light came on again, it had about 3 weeks ago. Almost at the same time my van went from 55 miles an hour down to 10 or 20. This is the second time since David and I have been married that something has happened to me in one of our vehicles. The first time was in our '91 Dodge Dakota, I was going out to get cat food and the brakes went out. Funny thing is I had just driven it home from work with no problem. David had our good car over in Montana at a friends house they had gone deer hunting. That was several years ago. Anyhoo..... it unfortunately sounds like it is going to be that I need a new transmission in my van (sucky!) So far I have been told that it may run me up about $2800. Tomorrow we have some friends who are going over to Cedar City, Utah, they are very nice to put my van on their auto transport and tow it over there to the dealership. Now I just have to remember to call over there at least twice, once to tell them to plug it into the code reader to find out the problem (hoping it is not so expensive of a repair), and then by 3 my time to find out what the problem is if they haven't called me about it. In the meantime we have someone helping us get work on David's truck done to we can use it, and return the car someone lent us. This friend just helped us change the exhaust manifold gaskets on both sides, and the spark plugs and wires. When I get my other new tire this weekend he is gonna help me get the spare and one tire off of the Dodge so I can take them and get them put on David's truck. I have to say I am very greatful for my dad having me help him with brake jobs on cars we had and any other things car related he had me help with, because of that I am not afraid to get right in there with working on our cars.

0 comments: