BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 26, 2009

A little more input on my van......

Well we have some friends that took my van to Cedar City, Utah this morning, after loading it up onto a 5th wheel trailer with no tire ramps. So you may be asking me how they did that. Well the gentleman who took it there took it to his work. It is a cement making place about 3 miles out of town, where they load big trucks. They backed there truck up to the ramp or the high dirt, and got my van on. When they got to Cedar City, the car dealership had a flatbed tow truck they backed up to him. They drove my van on to this truck, then this truck lowered my van to the ground. Well they were able to plug in the code reader to see what was going wrong. It isn't my whole transmission, it is the converter clutch system, which lets you go into overdrive, for climbing hills, and passing. He said they will be able to take it out fix it and clean it all out, my engine. The wonderful price for all this is $1624.00. That just raises the amount of what I owe on my van back up. But now I got to call them back on Monday and try to see if the guy in the billing department will let me pay half of it and take my van and make payments on the rest. All this work is going to take about 1 week or so. So I am praying everything will work out. We've been talking about trading in our Dodge pick up for another newer truck, mainly for traveling out of town, and camping. All because of this "cash for clunkers" stimulus program that the President is trying to get started in August. But one thing at a time.

0 comments: